11 Dec 2011

True Confections

I have been on a mission to find a restaurant that serves strawberry cheesecake in the winter. Its been 3 months and tons of restaurants, no luck. What's a girl gotta do to be able to eat a damn strawberry shortcake around here! Yes I know I could just bake one but its not the same.. My favourite dessert at joey's has been discontinued and so has wing's. Hopefully they return in the summer... =( Getting back on track!!.. I was hoping True Confections would have a strawberry shortcake or a red velvet which I was also craving for that night. So we ventured our way down to West Broadway..
http://www.trueconfections.ca/

To my disappointment, they had neither. I had the Toasted Almond Cake with buttercream and T had the Blueberry Cheesecake. Also to our disappointment, my almond cake was way too sweet and had too many layers of buttercream which made it even sweeter. I guess that's the way white people like it but us Asians cannot handle that much sugar! The cheesecake on the other hand was SOOOO cheesy, but the good kind. It tasted like a real homemade cheesecake from grandma! Ill be getting that next time!

I probably wouldn't come all the way down here just for the cheesecake unless I'm already in the area. I think the bill came to about 20 something dollars which is the normal price for 2 desserts and a glass of wine. Ambience: Very small and starbucks-like except a little darker lighting and very crowded. There were only 2 empty tables when we came. Overall rating 6/10. Nothing too special and not really worth the drive.

True Confections (Broadway) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment